Senior Software Engineer at UBER
от 3 000 до 4 000 EUR на руки
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
Our customer Uber, ignites opportunity by setting the world in motion. Uber takes on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
The Uber Team in Sofia, Bulgaria welcomes people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, come work with Uber, and move the world forward together with a team of exceptional people.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on Uber’s Sofia Engineering team you will dig into the complex but rewarding world of money, real-time tax calculation, and reporting, all at massive scale. Our work helps our partners be globally compliant and Uber be competitive in a highly regulated and complex industries such as transportation, logistics, and food.
What You’ll Do
- Lead architectural decisions. Propose solutions that Uber will use for years to come.
- Up-skill our Engineering Team. Mentor and inspire junior engineers and introduce process and technologies to help them succeed and grow.
- Contribute at a global level. Although we are based in Sofia, we work on integration for the overall, global Uber platform. Our systems support the entirety of Uber's tax and compliance worldwide.
- Manage scale & reliability. Our solutions support Uber's always-on marketplace. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability and monitoring tooling.
- Innovate. Growth brings new complexity and new challenges every day.
What You’ll Need
- Project leadership skills to manager a project impacting millions of users
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices that minimize tech debt
- Intimate knowledge of the entire web stack and how each piece impacts performance and reliability
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and of OOP patterns
- Commitment to quality, performance, and efficiency
- Experience in taking ownership
- Design and business insight
- (Bonus Point) Some level of understanding of fault-tolerant systems and multi-datacenter / cloud architectures
- (Bonus Point) Experience with continuous integration & deployment
What You will get
- Relocation package to cover relocation cost, full employment contract, EU-Work permit, Competitive remuneration package
- Training and development, Career enhancement, Flexibility with working hours, Transport card or parking lot, Health care coverage for you and your family, Friendly environment, provided by team of great professionals, Sports studio subscription
About the Team
Our team is responsible for several key capabilities associated with a trip or a delivery: from real-time tax rate calculation, to issuing all related documents that are important for our riders and partners (receipts, invoices, tax reports), to providing our partners with real-time and easy access to their tax data from within 3rd party partner applications like Intuit, Stride and HR Block. The platforms that we build need to be highly scalable (handling data from dozens of millions of trips per day), highly available (our riders and partners need access to their documents & data 24/7) and highly flexible (Uber is operating in 80+ countries around the world, each with its own compliance requirements)